I am trying my best to get back into the swing of things here on the blog. Because I truly do love blogging, obviously. A lot of the times I have a million things I want to say, but just don’t know how to get it all out on the blog. So, I just don’t do it.
Anyways, I thought I would try to start a fun Friday post in the form of lists of 5 things. Mary over at A Merry Life does this and I always enjoy reading them. So, here’s my attempt at being as awesome as Mary.
5 Reads Around the Net
* Top 10 Foods for Sunday Food Prep from The Lean Green Bean- I’m not one to prep food, but I may want to start since March is going to be filled with work!
* 7 Ways to Fit More Exercise into Your Day by MuffinTopless
* Hockey Wedding Ideas- This is a total fluff post, but I had to chuckle because this is what our wedding would have looked like if Mr. B planned it all. We did have hockey elements, no worries!
* The Must Stash Podcast- Okay, this isn’t a read but a video podcast about knitting. I’m in love with Stacie and Steph! I have been watching old episodes while working out in my living room this past week.
* Emily’s post about Progress (or lack there of maybe?)- I can so relate with this post! In 2011 I had hardly any progress at all. I lost a total of 3 pounds that year. But, keep trucking along because it does pay off in the end!
5 Things Making Me Smile
* Knitting!! I finished a shawlette last week and a hat this week. Yesterday I sat in Starbuck in between meetings and knitted on a dishcloth for a couple of hours. I am loving it!
* This meme because it is utterly true. Haha. Mr. B deals with a lot of crap from me sometimes.
* The sofrita bowl at Chipotle! So pumped that they have a vegetarian option there! It’s crumbled tofu that has a delicious smoky spicy flavor to it. Mmm.
* My job! Seriously, I LOVE being a Weight Watchers leader. I even got told that I’m a natural at it by my boss’ assistant who came to observe a meeting I did. That made me feel pretty awesome!
* Pictures from our wedding! Confession: We have no pictures from our wedding printed off and we’ve been married almost 2 years! So, I took time this week and ordered some pictures FINALLY. I loved going through them all and not going to lie, I cried. It was such an amazing day and the fact that my Grandmama and Mr. B’s Great Grandma got to be there that day means so much to us, especially since we lost them just last month.
5 Thing I Want
* A new car! I’m really over my car lately and have been itching to get a new one. I’m leaning towards a crossover type, but who knows for sure.
* Yarn!! Since I’ve been listening/watching knitting podcasts, I keep hearing about amazing yarns. Some self striping yarn is sitting in my cart over at Knit Picks and I just may be hitting the purchase button today. I justify it by getting yarn to make Mr. B some socks as well.
* Warmer weather! Mother Nature has been PMSing ALL winter long here in the Midwest (and most everywhere else!). Tuesday we had a high of almost 50 and today we’re back to he 20s-30s. So over it!
* Next weekend to get here! Mr. B and I planned a little getaway to the city of Milwaukee. Neither of us have been there and have been needing a mini vaca after all of the events of last month. It’ll be nice to get away!
* A Fitbloggin’ ticket! I will be making my appearance in Savannah this year for sure. I’m just waiting to hear if I have been chosen to be a live blogger. If so, then I get a free ticket. So fingers crossed that happens!
5 Recipes To Make
* One Bowl Monster Cookie Cupcakes- this is the perfect recipe for cupcakes! It makes just 4 of them! I made them for Valentine’s day and they were delicious!
* Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Mac & Cheese- We also made this for Valentine’s day and OMG it is soooooooo amazing! You don’t even notice that there’s not any cheese involved. Drooling over here wanting more!
* Easy Vegan Sour Cream- I LOVE me some sour cream which is why I haven’t completely given up dairy. Which is dumb because it doesn’t agree with me very well whatsoever. So, I want to give this a try to see if it could replace my love.
* Southwest Vegetarian Lentil Chili- I’ve made this a few times and we love it! Anything you can just throw in a crockpot is awesome!
* Pecan Tartlets- I know Mr. B would be all about these! And they’re a Weight Watchers recipe, so they’re not too bad for you!
5 Things To-Do
* Block my shawlette! I have never blocked any of my knitting, so I’ve been putting this off because I just don’t know how to block it. But I’ve been doing some research and just need to get it done! I want to wear it!
* Find an easy sock pattern to Knit! I haven’t attempted socks yet, but have some yarn to do so. Just need to get going!
* Menu plan for next week and head to the grocery store!
* Clean off my desk! It’s a disaster area!
* Start training for a 5k! I’ve talked my mom in running/jogging Race for the Cure this year. So, we’re going to do Couch to 5k together!
Speaking of 5ks, I talked about Pretty Muddy earlier this week and mentioned I’d be giving away some entries!
So, here’s the giveaway info:
* 4 people will win an entry into the Pretty Muddy race of their choice (Available Locations)
* Giveaway ends: Wednesday February 26th at 12:00 AM Central time
* To win: Leave a blog comment!
* Additional entries:
-Like Brooke: Not On a Diet and Pretty Muddy on Facebook +2
You can enter via this awesome Raffelcopter widget!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Remember you can also get $5 off your entry by using the code: GIRLSGONESPORTY
So, what are you loving on this Friday?
Disclosure: I am writing this post as a Girls Gone Sporty Ambassador. I was given a free entry to Pretty Muddy in exchange for a couple of blog posts. They also are giving me some entries to give away to you guys as well. So, we’re both benefiting from this partnership!