Where in the world did summer go? I honestly feel like here in the Midwest we never really got to experience summer. I’m a weirdo who loves the heat and actually kind of missed it. I suppose it was Mother Nature’s way of giving us a break after the stupid cold winter we had.
I also feel like summer didn’t exist since my parents didn’t put up their pool this year after they moved. There was no lounging around on a pool floatie. Lame.
As much as I love summer, I love fall even more. It is hands down my favorite season. The beautiful colors on the leaves, the cool weather, the clothes, and pumpkin EVERYTHING!
Did you see the Starbucks already released the PSL? I haven’t had one yet, but am currently trying to find a way to make them at home with actual pumpkin. Also, am I the only one NOT surprised that there isn’t pumpkin in the PSL? I’m betting there isn’t any Oprah in the Oprah Chai either.
Being that it is a new month and I need some motivation around here to get things done, I’m committing to some new Goal Digger goals! I did this back in July, but slacked off a couple of weeks in. Birthday week hit and it all went down the drain.
Here are my goals for the month of September!
- No Snacking After 9pm: Always a downfall of mine!
- Half-Marathon Training: We’re doing awesome with this! Just want to keep it up!
- Do a Hobby For 20mins: Writing/Knitting/Scrapbooking just something creative!
- Workout DVD: Half training is great, but I need to amp it up! I don’t have a specific DVD in mind, just one of them daily from my mass collection or a workout I find on YouTube
- 10+ Mile Bike Ride: Have not been on my bike enough this year
- Attend Zumba: I found a place that does them during the day, so it should be easy to attend!
- Work Outside the Home: So, I can drink some PSLs
- Complete Scrapbook Page: Trying to scrapbook my daily happy photos
- Attend Weight Watchers Meeting: I lead, but rarely attend.
- Earn 15 Activity PointsPlus: Move that body more!
$50 for whatever I want! Cash is always a great incentive!
Along with these goals, I’m also making the switch to counting PointPlus again instead of doing Simply Filling. Not going to lie, I’ve been resisting it. I love my Simply Filling. I love the way I eat on it and the fact that I don’t have to measure my food.
That last part though is what I think has been getting me in trouble. My bowls of oatmeal have gotten bigger, my fruit snackage has grown, and I haven’t turned on my food scale in at least 4 months. I’m having some portion distortion. Haha.
This morning I got out my food scale and measured out what I have been eating for oatmeal. When I calculated the PointsPlus, it turns out I was eating 9 PointsPlus of oatmeal. Eek! That’s without anything mixed in!
So, I measured out the 1/2 cup serving and made Hungry Girl’s growing oatmeal bowl for only 6 PointsPlus. It was filling and I’ll probably keep that on my list of breakfast go-tos.
I’m going to try my best to continue eating the foods I was on Simply Filling, because I tend to lean more towards processed things when counting PointsPlus. Which is another reason I’m resisting it. I know myself and PointsPlus isn’t always the best way for me to go. I’ll be trying to make the right choices though.
That’s all I can do, right?
What are you looking to accomplish this month?
Will you be doing your own goal digging? (Get your printable HERE!)