This week’s 5 Things Friday is a short one, but all these articles really struck a chord with me and provided lots of thinking!
* Why Keeping Weight Off, Not Losing Is, Is The Real Victory- I cannot even begin to tell you how much this article spoke to me! Maintaining your weight is tough and it is hard to find a balance that works for you. Especially when you’ve lost so much and you’re used to setting weight loss goals to keep you going. This paragraph pretty much nailed it for me:
Beyond the practical steps, much of the shift from losing to maintaining weight is mental. There’s an addictive quality to losing weight, just as there is to gaining weight. Dieters are driven to reach a decisive end point, a goal that’s easily marked in ounces and inches. But to successfully change your life, you can’t just meet your goal. You have to learn how to exist within it
* How to Have a Great Life Without Spending a Lot of Money from Oh Dear Drea- Nothing really new here, but a great reminder of practical ways to just enjoy life!
* Daily Command Center Printable from Back To Her Roots- In a perfect world I am utterly organized, have my days planned out, and accomplish everything on my to-do list. Of course, that rarely happens, but I think this cute printable might get me a bit closer!
* Don’t Compare Yourself To….You from Carla Birnberg- This is a great thought provoking post. I try not to compare myself to others, but do look at past me and compare. Especially when it comes to fitness, I think about where I was last year exercise wise and get bummed that I’m not there now. Time to knock it off and just be the best I can be every day!
* What Love Really Is- Okay, this isn’t a read, it is a video. But, I promise it is worth the watch!
Did you read anything interesting this week? If so, share below!