I love Running With Spoons and her Thinking Out Loud series. It’s a great way to get all those random things out in one blog post for you guys.
1) First and foremost, if you guys could send my mama some good vibes, that would be AWESOME! She was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm a couple of weeks ago and has surgery tomorrow to take care of it. Luckily, she is eligible for the surgery that they can go through a main vein in her leg instead via her head. She will be under the care of one of the best at the University of Iowa hospital, which is great. I have no doubt that everything will be just fine!
2) Current dessert obsession is Jello with cool whip. Especially the cherry pomegranate flavor. So. Good.
3) My birthday was awesome! Mr.B got me a cute shirt with a bike on it and a Hobby Lobby gift card. We spent the day out on our kayaks and he made the most tasty grilled salmon for my birthday dinner. There was time spent with my family on Friday, date night on Saturday, and breakfast with the in-laws on Sunday. I love birthdays.
4) I made donuts Saturday morning. They were delicious and healthy! I used the FlapJacked protein pancake mix and followed the recipe on their website. I will be creating my own donut recipe to share with you guys soon!
5) We got a hummingbird feeder on Sunday. Mr. B & I were a little worried that we wouldn’t have any birds, but we actually have 2 that are pretty regular feeders. They’re so fun to watch! I don’t know why it took us so long to get one, we both love watching them when we’re at Mr. B’s grandparents’ house.
6) I have been binge watching How I Met Your Mother like no other. The updated Netflix on AppleTV does not help at all! They just continue to play now. Not good for the productivity.
7) I’ve been spray painting all the things! We have an outdoor table and chairs that have been needing a face lift and I’ve been busy getting things done for my sister’s bridal shower. So, spray paint to the rescue! I still have another chair and the table to finish, but I’m loving it!
8) Remember that Diet Bet I put together to get back to my goal weight? Ya, I did not win at all. In fact, I actually gained weight. Ugh. Still struggling over here with getting my ish together. I have tracked my food the last 2 days and have gotten activity in. So, hey I’m doing MUCH better than I have been. Now to just continue that momentum!
9) I am absolutely loving Jessica Smith over on YouTube! She has all sorts of great workout videos that you should check out for sure! Yesterday I did the one below. It was fun and made me sweaty!
What’s new with you?
What type of donut recipe would you like to see?