We’re back for another edition of Thinking Out Loud! Seriously, these are some of my favorite posts to do. It’s just a massive brain dump. I hope that you guys enjoy them as well!
1) I’m currently supposed to be in Pennsylvania speaking at BoldHer. Sadly, the ticket sales weren’t quite what the needed to bring me there. I’m bummed because I was looking forward to it, but they’ve promised me a keynote spot next year! I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, whatever that reason may be! Here’s to hoping for another speaking engagement soon! I’d love to get into that world!! (Any connections? ;))
2) Last weekend was such a good time! Mr. B & I headed to Indiana to meet up with friends and went on a 3 hour kayak trip! It was a weekend filled with laughs, delicious foods (tofu ruben…enough said), and memories! I wish that we could do it more often! Although, we do have a fun camping trip in the works with one of the couples in October!
3) Last time I did one of these, my mom was getting ready to have brain surgery. Good news, everything went well with the surgery! Afterwards though she ended up suffering a super small stroke, which was SUPER scary! Thankfully they caught it and if you saw her today, you’d have no idea that she had anything wrong at all. She is doing great and is training for the half-marathon with me like a champ!
4) My sister’s bridal shower was a couple of weekends ago. We worked so hard to make sure everything came together. I did a TON of crafting and even roped my mom into making tissue paper flowers with me. We had a frozen yogurt bar, I baked delicious cupcakes, and we played great games! I’m SO happy with how it all came together. Best part, my sister had NO IDEA what the theme was and she LOVED it! It is so satisfying when you put a lot of work into something for someone and they love it! Next up in the bachelorette party, which will be easy….booze and things shaped like men’s genitalia.
5) I’m working hard on redesigning things around here again. I’m not in total love with the look around here and the theme limitations. So, I actually bought a theme that I can totally customize! Now to just figure out all the details. Don’t be alarmed if you see my site under maintenance mode over the weekend! I promise it’ll be worth it!
6) I have been playing around a lot with food photography lately. Usually I just snap a quick photo with my phone and put no thought into it. I have discovered that I love styling the foods and taking the time to take a great photo. Here’s one that I took of a granola bar recipe that will be up on the blog next week! What do you think? I’m looking into taking a food photography e-course as well. I have dreams of a food blog.
7) I’ve also been organizing all the things in our kitchen lately! Our pantry has been grossly ignored and had a few too many outdated items in it! I do a lot of shopping in the bulk bin area of the grocery store and have just been keeping those items in the bags I get at the store. I decided that I wanted to make it much more pretty and put the things in mason jars. I’m sort of it love and would love to have open shelving to display them!
What’s new with you?
Do you use mason jars? If so, for what?