Happy Thursday! There are a lot of thoughts floating around in my head, so I thought it would be the perfect time for a Thinking Out Loud post!
If you don’t know what that is, the lovely Amanda from Running With Spoons has devoted Thursdays for thinking out loud and hosts a weekly round-up of the random thoughts around the blog world.
1) I restarted the 21 Day Fix this week. I haven’t done it since I hurt my ankle my last round. It feels good to be doing some regular formal activity. Lately I’ve just been flitting around with different workouts with no real focus. I’m hoping that I can keep it up after the 21 days are over.
2) I cannot wait for next weekend! Back in June I was over on Twitter when I saw No Doubt post that they would be playing RiotFest in Chicago. I knew that my sister and I HAD to be there. So, we threw down a chunk of change for the 3 day festival. Last month we learned that we could have just bought a ticket for Friday to see No Doubt. Oh well! We will also get to see Snoop Dogg, Modest Mouse, Billy Idol, and System of a Down. It should be a good time!
3) I mentioned before that Mr. B quit his job. I didn’t say too much about it, but it was the best thing to happen for him. His old job had began to really give him the run around and he was anything but happy with his current situation. He searched for jobs in Colorado for a few months, with not much luck. Then a local opportunity landed in his lap. It came at just the right time with everything he has been looking for. Isn’t it crazy how life happens that way?
4) Mr. B quit his old job 3 weeks before his new one starts. So, we have been spending a lot of time together. It has been pretty great and we have gotten to do a little bit of traveling. Last week we were in Decorah doing some camping and Mr. B did some fly fishing. I’ve said it before, but Decorah really is a neat little town. This time we discovered a couple of new spots and got to hike up a waterfall.
5) We also made our way to Indiana last week. A couple that Mr. B went to high school with lives there and are pretty good friends of ours. I spoke at the wife’s work on Friday for a lunch & learn. I talked about my weight loss and how I have gained life because of it. It was a lot of fun to share my story in that manner.
6) Along with being in Indiana for the talk, we also did some camping and hiking. I absolutely love being outside and in nature. The hike we took on Saturday, was challenging, but a lot of fun. I even conquered going down two ladders. (I HATE ladders!) We also made shrimp on the campfire which was tasty!
7) My craft room/office is a complete disaster area. This place has become such a catch-all for all of my things. I really need to take the time soon to declutter. I need to freshen up on the Konmari technique and just get it done. I just love papery things and yarn too much. 😉
8) I’m so in love with my Kindle Paperwhite! I purchased it about a month ago with my birthday money and have read about a book a week. I shared last month what I read and will be doing the same for September. Current read is The Night Circus.
9) I have discovered Noosa Yoghurt recently. Where has this been my entire life? It is so good! I’m hoping I can find smaller containers of the pumpkin. While it is delicious, I don’t want to spend 8 PointsPlus each go around.
What are you thinking about on this lovely Thursday?