Another great workout video challenge has come to an end! This past Saturday was the last day of my Turbo Fire challenge. I won’t lie, I’m glad it is over! Not because I didn’t like Turbo Fire, but because I was just kind of getting sick of it. Lol.
90 Days is a super long time for a challenge and since I have exercise ADD, it didn’t help. Towards the end it became much more easy to skip out on workouts and do something else. There were a couple of days that I did some Jillian DVDs along with them because I just didn’t feel like doing parts of the Turbo Fire workouts. Also, my foot injury put a damper on the challenge and made it hard to get back into my full groove after it was healed.
But for the most part, I did all the Turbo Fire workouts, which I am a pretty big fan of! These past 30 days reintroduced the HIIT workouts, which are some of my favorites. I love that they are short, but still super tough.
My all time favorite workout though was Fire 45, it had some really fun moves and great music. I can be caught singing “Boom I got your boyfriend” at various time throughout my day. I never really became a fan of the Fire 55 video though. Not because it was tough or the music sucked, it actually had some great moves too. But, for some reason the thought of 55 minutes of cardio seemed daunting to me. I probably wouldn’t have thought anything about it if it was labeled differently, totally a psychological thing. Lol.
I also lost my interest in the sculpting and toning videos after a few times of doing them. I just didn’t feel like I was getting a good enough ‘burn’ from the resistance bands. So a few times I skipped them and did Jillian’s Ripped in 30 instead. I’m sure if I would have gotten a stronger band it would have helped, but the one that came with the kit sure wasn’t enough for me towards the end.
All in all I did really enjoy Turbo Fire and the different types of workouts. I will be incorporating them into my regular workout schedule for cardio and will totally be doing the HIIT when I need a quick workout.
* The music is great and really upbeat. Since you were doing a different video everyday, you really didn’t get sick of the music like in a Jillian DVD
* Chalene was super encouraging throughout the workouts and not ‘mean.’
* There was a girl (Ali), who always showed you the low impact version of the moves which helped when I was dealing with my foot injury.
* The moves were easy to follow after a few times and learning the terminology. There were also breakdowns of each Fire workout to learn the moves too, which helped a lot.
* I am not a fan of workout DVDs that show a countdown timer. Sometimes I felt like I’d check it every 30 seconds on days I just didn’t feel like working out. There were also days where I didn’t even pay attention to it.
* The sculpting and toning videos were fine in the beginning, but soon didn’t seem challenging enough
* I didn’t like how the core video didn’t make an appearance in the last 30 days.
* There was one annoying chick who was in the front row of the videos who seemed WAY to energized to be doing the workouts. Lol
* Sometimes Chalene said some really cheesy things, but by the end I was saying them along with her.
All in all it is a great workout program and I do recommend it for anyone who already has been exercising for a while. The only workouts you may have trouble doing would be the HIIT videos. But, in the book you get with the program, there is a 9 week prep workout schedule that helps get you prepared for the HIIT workouts. I also totally suggest wearing shoes, at least during HIIT because you don’t want to end up with a foot injury like me. Although I will say that moving around on the carpet is tough with shoes. But, I got over it.
Now here’s the part you’ve all really been waiting for….results!
Calf: 15 1/4″
I lost a total of 9 inches and 11 pounds! Pretty freaking impressive if you ask me! My stomach looks much more tight to me which makes me extremely happy and my butt looks great!
My next challenge will be announced next week and this one Mr. B will be joining me! Can’t wait to share with you guys!
I was given Turbo Fire from a reader. All thoughts and experiences are my own. If you’d like to order your own copy of Turbo Fire, you can find it here. Also, please remember I am not a fitness expert, so workout at your own risk after consulting your doctor.