I’m very excited to have my first Blog Takeover post this weekend! It is from Marjorie of A Pinch of Healthy! She is sharing a delicious looking recipe that I hope you guys will give a try! If you’re interested in doing a Blog Takeover of your own, please go HERE!
Hey y’all! My name is Marjorie, and I blog over at A Pinch of Healthy. Thanks to Brooke for allowing me to guest post today!
I am a Weight Watcher, mom, food lover, coffee drinker, YouTuber, blogger and recipe developer. I live in Birmingham, AL with my husband, two year old son and our two dogs.
I have used Weight Watchers to lose the weight I gained during (and before) pregnancy. I have lost over 30 pounds since I started Weight Watchers (over 55 total!).
My food philosophy is pretty simple – whole foods most of the time with a particular emphasis on veggies. I am not perfect, and I do splurge from time to time. But most of the time I try to go as unprocessed and clean as possible. I just feel better when I eat this way.
By no means does that mean that I have to deprive myself or eat boring food. It has to be delicious and enjoyable for me to stick with it. In fact, the mission of my blog is to make healthy enjoyable for myself and others.
But enough about me! I’ve got a recipe to share with y’all today: black bean hummus…MMMM!
Part of the fun of developing recipes is revamping old classics. Today I take my roasted garlic hummus recipe, and I change up the flavors to give it more of a Latin flare!
Instead of chickpeas, I use black beans. Instead of lemon juice, I use lime. And I change up the spices to give it more of a Latin flavor.
While I am not vegan, vegetarian or gluten free, some of my recipes happen to be, like this one. So file this one away for when you are entertaining the herbivores! 😉
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/8 cup tahini sesame butter
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice and zest of half a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of water
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except cilantro and water) to the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Slowly stream in water until desired consistency (you may use more or less, according to preference).
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, and serve with sliced veggies and/or tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This recipe makes approximately eight servings (just under 3 tablespoons) at 2 PointsPlus each on Weight Watchers. PointsPlus were calculated using the recipe builder. Additional nutritional information was calculated using a nutrition label generator (scroll to the bottom).
If I am serving it for a crowd, I’ll drizzle a little EVOO on top…noms! It doesn’t take much, only half a teaspoon or so.
And then I sprinkle the cilantro on top. I serve a little snack tray with veggies and tortilla chips.
So go make yourself some!
Be sure and let me know how you like it!
Thanks again to Brooke! Y’all don’t be strangers. Here is where you can find me:
- My blog
- Instagram: @apinchofhealthy
- YouTube: APinchOfHealthy
- Facebook: APinchOfHealthy
- Twitter: @apinchofhealthy
- Email me directly: Contact