Amanda over at Running with Spoons has a series that is all about thinking out loud on Thursdays. It’s just a way to get all those random thoughts that you have out in the world. I have a lot of those and decided to participate!
1) It’s May, but it sure doesn’t feel like in here in Illinois! It’s currently gloomy and 45 degrees outside. Where in the world is Spring? I want to be outside, walking and biking!
2) I’ll get over the weather issue soon though, since I’m heading to Florida tomorrow! Woot! Mr. B is part of his cousin’s wedding, so he is currently en route to attend the bachelor party. I head out tomorrow morning very early (why did I book a 6:00am flight?!) to join him! I know it’s rainy at the moment, but at least it’s 80 degrees there!
3) That amazing herb garden I planted the other week, now looks like this:
Apparently I don’t have a green thumb like I thought I did. Lol
4) My mom and I went to a card making class last week and it was so much fun! I love all things paper crafty! It was held in a lady’s craft shed with SO many stamps, papers, paint, and all sorts of crafty things. I asked if I could live there as it was kinda my version of heaven. When I left I had to stop myself from placing a huge order with Stampin’ Up. She actually hold these classes every month and you get to make 4 cards for only $10! I will be attending again because there’s nothing quite like a homemade card to give someone!
5) I helped Mr. B bottle his IPA last night. Talk about a chore! For whatever reason we could not get the siphon to work, then after what felt like ages, it started working! Only a few more weeks until we can taste it! It is really cool watching the process of beer being made! I’m excited to see how it turned out. His first brew last fall was a pumpkin ale and was delicious!
6) I have been researching how to become a health/wellness coach lately. It is something I am really wanting to do and feel like I could help a lot of people if I offered those types of services. My chest just swells when I watch YouTube videos of what they do and it just feels right to me. I’m in the early stages of doing research, so any advice would be appreciated! I’m excited to see where this leads me!
7) I was looking at our expenses from the last month yesterday and discovered that we spent about $600 on eating out and going out for drinks last month. HOLY CRAP! Talk about a lot of money! It is so easy though to swipe that card and have no realization of the cost of it all. So, Mr. B and I have been talking about ways to fix our spending and cutting back on those expenses. This means less Starbucks trips for me! (Note to self: learn to make a macchiato at home!)
8) How cute is this puppy?
This is my sister’s corgi, Lily. I got to visit last week and she came up and cuddled with me in the morning. I wanted to take her home, but my sister knows where I live and would take her back.
9) Have you watched Girls on HBO yet? Mr. B and I just started it. Kinda obsessed with it! Hannah is so awkward and I love it. I’m also catching up on the last season of Parenthood. Finally the NBC app allows mirroring from the iPad to our AppleTV, which is AWESOME! We’re also watching our fair share of playoff hockey! Glad to see the Blackhawks made it to the second round! Also, just got a phone call from Mr. B who is going to get to watch a second round game up in Minnesota next week. I’m quite jealous, but apparently it’s for business.
10) Goals are majorly needing to happen in my life! I’ve been messing around the last two months and need to buckle down on things! My weight is about 6 pounds above goal and I’m just not feeling or looking my best physically. I’m not beating myself up, but I know that to just feel better I need to do some work!
What are you thinking out loud lately?