2011 is coming to an end tonight and 2012 is right around the corner. I’m ready for 2012. 2011 was great, but I know 2012 is going to be even better! Like Kerri over at FitViews said, “I’m going to make 2012 my bitch!”
But before I make 2012 my bitch….let’s look back at 2011!
It wasn’t anything major in the weight loss department, in fact I only lost 2.8lbs for the entire year. It was a struggle, but I know it is because I didn’t give 110% the whole time. The last few months I really kicked it into gear though. Especially with working out, which I am super proud of!
Let’s talk about some highlights of 2011 in the style of bullet points, because we all know we love those!
* I made some pretty lofty goals in January. Things didn’t go as planned and I have learned to make smarter goals for 2012.
* I got to see mountains for the first time. I spent one amazing week, in an amazing house, with some amazing people in Breckenridge, Colorado. I rode and DROVE a snowmobile for the first time and hot tubbed it up in the snow. It was absolutely beautiful!
* B-Fry also made his post debut on my blog! (Maybe I’ll even get him to write another!)
* I discovered a piece of paper that proved to me even more that B-Fry and I were meant to be. It still gives me chills!
* Must have been a pretty boring month, because I couldn’t find one exciting thing that happened. Lol
* Well, B-Fry and I got ENGAGED! By far one of the best days of the year!
* Oh, there was also this little event called FitBloggin! I flew for the first time since I was a little girl, got to meet some very awesome people, and crossed off meeting Shauna off my bucket list!
* I got Betty, my bike. I quickly found my love for bike riding again and couldn’t get enough of it!
* Speaking of Betty, I set a birthday goal of biking 100 miles in the month of July. After biking my lil heart out, I accomplished my goal!
* I made the choice to stop following the Weight Watchers PointPlus program. I wasn’t getting the same results as I did on the previous program and it got frustrating. So, I began using My Fitness Pal and counting calories.
* I had a job change, I moved from 3rd shift to 1st shift. This was a big move since I had been working 3rd shift for 5+ years. The shift change has included a lot of new responsibilities, but I’m loving not being a vampire!
* B-Fry and I did the Necker’s Diamond Dash. Something that was challenging and a lot of fun!
* I also got honest with myself about weekend binges. (Which I’m happy to report don’t happen as often now!)
* My sister took some really awesome engagement pictures of B-Fry and I! I’m still swooning over these!
* I also discovered that I’m a total morning person! Still am! Hehe.
* I finally hit onederland! I have been after it since last year and finally hit it the last week of 2011! I won’t be starting 2012 over 200lbs and that’s freaking awesome!
As you can see, 2011 was amazing! 2012 will be even better! B-Fry and I will be getting married! Could it get any better than that?
I haven’t had a chance to write my goals down for 2012, but I will be making some more attainable ones. No sense in setting myself up for failure!
What about you, are you a goal setter when it comes to a new year? Are you going to make 2012 your bitch?