Fitbloggin’ was awesome, amazing, fabulous, spectacular, and all other great words you can think of. I learned so much and met so many amazing people. It really was nice to be around people who “get you”. People who understand blogging, what twitter hashtags are, the weight loss battle, and will giggle when someone says that “two fingers are enough.”
Fitbloggin’ was more than the swag too, although that was a nice bonus! I came home with some awesome stuff! Running shoes from New Balance, EA Active 2 for PS3, a scale from Eat Smart Scales that measures weight/body fat/body water/muscle/bone mass, a food scale from Eat Smart Scales, several workout DVDS, and other things I’m sure I’m forgetting. I even had to leave some stuff behind because I just didn’t have any where to pack it! Funny story about the box of Fiber One cereal….B-Fry tried to pass it off to a homeless guy….he turned it down. Guess he’s regular already! Haha. Thanks to all the Fitbloggin’ sponsors for hooking us up!
The weekend was a whirlwind of activities, hugs, pokens, laughs, pictures, knowledge, tears, and fun. It didn’t last long enough of course. I wish that all my Fitbloggin peeps lived within 10 minutes of me. That would be the best.
I wouldn’t change much except that next time I’d be more willing to walk up to people I didn’t know and I would stay in the same hotel as the conference because it was a LOT of walking and I feel like I may have missed out on some quality time with people. The time I did spend with them was priceless though.
My major highlight for the weekend was meeting Shauna Reid. For those of you who live under a rock and don’t know who she is, she’s the author of The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl. And she’s someone who really inspired me along my journey. I definitely have a girl crush on the lady! Haha. I met her Friday night at the social and gave her a big ol’ hug and demanded a picture. We chatted like friends and she introduced me to people which was awesome. Then, she went out to dinner with a bunch of us! Seriously made my life. Lol. I know that she’s just a girl who lost weight and wrote a book, but to me she’s so much more. She’s awesome!
* Meeting Kenz and having her tell people that she looks up to me.
* Kenz meeting B-Fry and finding it weird to actually call him by his name.
* Foodie’s and Paolo’s performances on Friday night.
* Learning SOOOO much during the Intuitive Eating Panel.
* Feeling inspired by everyone there
* Robby telling me my glasses were Lisa Loeb like and then breaking out into “Stay (I Missed You)
* Introducing B-Fry to some awesome people
* Getting the BEST hug from Tara
* Chatting with the bartender and hopefully inspiring her
* Winning an awesome scale from Eat Smart Scales
* Coming down the escalator several times and seeing B-Fry at the bottom waiting for me.
* Getting extra drink tickets with Kenz
* And about a million other things….
Have I mentioned it was an amazing weekend?
PHOTO DUMP TIME!
Some of the pictures were stolen from Britt, I’m sure she doesn’t mind!
What was your favorite part of FitBloggin?