Starting Weight: 327.6
Current Weight: 202.6
Last Week: 204.0
Total Loss: 125lbs
Well as you can see, I finally hit 125lbs lost, so that’s pretty darn exciting! And I’m inching even closer to onederland! So close I can see it on the scale!
Now I only have one more official Weight Watchers weigh in before the new year, so I must be On Plan all week this week and get some activity in if I’m going to hit my goal of being under 200lbs before 2011 hits. Of course this week also happens to be Christmas week. EEK!
So I’ve decided that I need to come up with some plan to make sure I hit my goal before the year is out. Let’s face it, it’s not going to be easy. There will plenty of temptations around. The worst being the homemade German Chocolate cake B-Fry’s mom and I will be making. I will do my best to handle these temptations, I promise.
Anyways, my top Holiday Survival Tips are as follows:
- Make Islands, Not continents: This may be one of my favorite tips I ever have received at a meeting. The idea is you make small portions of food on your plate, not huge mounds of it. Take a little to taste of things you truly can’t live without. (ie: German Chocolate Cake)
- Treat the day like any other day: Don’t go crazy with the food just because it’s a holiday. It’s no excuse to throw everything you’ve been doing the last few months out the window. Chances are you’ll gain and then you’ll be spending the new year undoing the damages.
- If you must, indulge, but don’t over do it: I do plan on having a piece of that cake, but I’m not going to have a piece of cake, cookies, candy, and whatever else I can get my hands on. Everything is good in moderation.
- Earn some Activity Points: Now is not the time to give up those workouts. You’re going to need those extra points for that cake or cookies. Plus, you’ll feel a million times better if you workout. Especially now if you’re stressed out due to the holidays.
- Load up on free fruits and veggies: I bet that wherever your celebration is, there will be a fruit or veggie tray. Thankfully on the new PointsPlus program, these things have 0 P+ value. So load up, but remember to pair them with a lean protein or something of that nature. And eating the fruits and veggies will make you feel more full and will stop you from eating the whole German Chocolate Cake!
- Bring a dish: If you’re going somewhere, ask if you can bring something. Then make something you know the PointsPlus value for. Now you know there will be a least 3 things you can eat safely!
- Use your Weekly PointsPlus Allowance: It’s there for special occasions, use it!
There are my tips for all of you! I plan on putting these into full force! I will be sure to let you know how amazing that German Chocolate Cake is.
What are your top tips for the holidays?